Benefits of becoming a member and how to pay
Open to all residents the Five Island Lake Estates (F.I.L.E) Homeowners Association is a non-profit organization run by group of elected resident members. Our aim is to bring about a safer, happier and more connected community environment for everyone that lives here.
It is only through membership that we are able to do this and it is important for us all recognize the importance of exactly what that annual membership helps to contribute towards:
- Maintenance and improvements of community trails off Faune Lane to the Rails-to-Trails and off Granite Cove Drive to Five Bridges Junior High.
- Maintenance and improvements of our special lakefront parkland located just off Granite Cove Drive.
- Sponsoring community events and activities such as Easter in the park, Summer street party, Haunted Halloween for the kids, holiday carolling event and much more.
It is also about helping to support your neighbours, being part of a community that cares and having the chance to make the area you live in a better, happier place for everyone.
Other than the annual fee there is no commitment to become a member, unless of course you want to that is, the only commitment is if you decide to become a member of the Board of Directors. Every member of the Homeowners’ Association receives:
- Emails and notifications regarding all upcoming events and community initiatives
- Voting and decision rights at our AGM and all our board meetings
- Access to the F.I.L.E Facebook Group.
Every year in May/June an Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held, it is at this time that each member will have the opportunity to raise any concerns to the Board for consideration and action. Members will also be briefed on the status of any community initiatives and up-coming events.
The cost of the annual membership is only $20 per household and payment is easy, here’s how.
You are welcome to pay membership fees by sending a secure email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org with the password set to ‘membership2018’ – all lower case, or by contacting email@example.com and arranging to drop off your payment of cash or cheque made out to ‘Five Island Lake Estates Homeowners’ Association.’
There has never been a better time to become a member, or renew, your existing membership. Every time you do it helps us to continue our work for the benefit of everyone within our community.