Benefits of becoming a member of the Homeowners’ Association
Open to all residents the Five Island Lake Estates (F.I.L.E) Homeowners Association is a non-profit organization run by group of elected resident members. Our aim is to bring about a safer, happier and more connected community environment for everyone that lives here.
It is only through membership that we are able to do this and it is important for us all recognize the importance of exactly what that annual membership helps to contribute towards:
- Maintenance and improvements of community trails off Faune Lane to the Rails-to-Trails and off Granite Cove Drive to Five Bridges Junior High.
- Maintenance and improvements of our special lakefront parkland located just off Granite Cove Drive.
- Sponsoring community events and activities such as the spring clean-up, Easter in the park, September meet your neighbours social, holiday carolling event and much more.
It is also about helping to support your neighbours, being part of a community that cares and having the chance to make the area you live in a better, happier place for everyone.
Other than the annual fee there is no commitment to become a member, unless of course you want to that is, the only commitment is if you decide to become a member of the Board of Directors. Every member of the Homeowners’ Association receives:
- Emails and notifications regarding all upcoming events and community initiatives
- Access to the special members-only area of our website
- Access to the F.I.L.E Facebook Group.
Every year in early May/June an Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held, it is at this time that each member will have the opportunity to raise any concerns to the Board for consideration and action. Members will also be briefed on the status of any community initiatives and up-coming events.
The cost of the annual membership is $20 per household and payment is easy. Every year, around our AGM, we run a 6-week membership drive, and during that time you can either make your payment by cheque or cash or Interact to our treasurer Lisa Ewing.
And don’t worry you don’t have to remember to renew your membership either, we will send you an automated email when it is due.
There has never been a better time to become a member, or renew, your existing membership. Every time you do it helps us to continue our work for the benefit of everyone within our community.